Bellwether Community Church’s G3 Mission This Next Season, 2018 to 2025
– Our Vision: Raising Unlikely Leaders Who See Love Goo OurValues
§ See a Big God – Romans 8:28, 37-39§ Love the Other Person – John 10:16§ Go to the World – Acts 1:8
- – God’s Work in Our Past:
o Raising leaders & ministrieso Sharing resources
o Sending people on missiono Property provision
o Exited denomination
o New network – Acts 29
- – God’s Opportunities for Our Future:o A New Season§ Opportunity to grow more§ Opportunity to give more§ Opportunity to go moreWhat we do now: Implement a mission to grow the vision What’s the mission? Grow 3 (G3)
- – Grow People
o Worship gatheringso Equipping classes
o Groups (all areas, children, students, adults)
- – Grow Giving
o Generalo Reserveso Principal
- – Grow Going
o Share resourceso Send teams
o Start churchesAll goes back to the vision.
Goals and Plan for Giving – Bellwether Community Church
Giving Goals – Remainder of 2018 (September – December)
(Based on actual Financial Statements as of end of August 2018)
(Note: Giving and commitments have increased since August 2018. Current numbers found on the weekly program)
Budget Needs – $333K Goal – $500K
- – 2 people/units – $25K
- – 5 people – $20K
- – 10 people – $10K
- – 20 people – $5K
Total giving $50K $100K $100K $100K
o Note: This is 37 people/units – giving $350K
- – 50 people – $2K $100K
- – 50 people – $1K $50Ko Note: This is 137 people/units – giving a total of $500KTotal Giving: $500K
o Note: With $500K we meet budget and have a surplus of $167,000. We can then put 10% of our Operating Budget ($60,000) into both our Reserve/Savings and Debt Principle this year: $60K in each.
o Note: The giving goals are NOT in addition to what one already gives.
§ For example, if “Jack and Jill” are giving $1K by the end of the year and
want to commit to the 50 giving $2K, this is NOT an additional $2K.o Instead, these giving goals are combined with their current giving.
§ For Example: “Jack and Jill” are already giving $200 a month and want to commit to the 50 giving $2,000; it would only be an additional sacrifice of $1200 (200 x 4months = 800 plus 1200 = $2000). Your regular giving for the remaining four months of the year is included in the total giving needed.
o Note: if we raise $500K in remainder of 2018 total giving for this year would be $767K.
Bellwether Community Church Assets as of August 31, 2018
(Does not include furniture & equipment)
Community Bank Accounts Schwab Investment Account
Buildings and Improvements (Sanctuary & White House)
$ 47,300 67,000
Bellwether Debt as of August 31, 2018
Community Bank Note Payable (Property/Sanctuary/White House)
Community Bank Loan (Rennovations)
Adjoining Property Acquired Total Debt
$ 862,544 437,649 200,000
Monthly Operating Costs $50,000 ($600,000 Annual Operating Budget)
Staff Payroll including payroll taxes
Note and loan payments Community Bank
All other expenses associated with Worship, Youth, Sunday School, Security, Sitters, Insurance, Phone, Internet, Supplies, Utilities, Maintenance & Repairs
Goals and Plan for Giving – Bellwether Community Church – 7 year Giving Plan
2019 $650K 2020 $700K 2021 $800K 2022 $850K 2023 $900K 2024 $950K 2025 $1,000,000
– Through our
Budget to generate funds for:
o Cash Reserve
o Paying off our Debt Principle
o Growing Local/Global Missions
Cash Debt Local/Global Reserve Principle Missions
+ 8% $52K + 8% + 10% $70K +10%
$52K + 10%
$70K = $ 910,000
+ 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0
+15% +15% +17% +20% +25%
$70K + $120K + $128K + $153K + $190K + $250K +
10% 15% 15% 17% 20% 25%
$120K = $128K = $153K = $190K = $250K =
$ 1,040,000 $ 1,106,000 $ 1,206,000 $ 1,330,000 $ 1,500,000
commitment & sacrifice we can
increase giving beyond our Operating
- – As our Operating Budget increases each year, part of that amount will be in excess of expenses and can be used to fund additional priorities of: Cash Reserve, Debt Principle, and Local/Global missions.o For example, in 2025 our operating budget expenses may only be $750,000 so we would generate an additional $250,000 for the property, to pay off debt, or to help fund missions or a combination.
- – Currently, our Operating Budget does not include enough funds to maintain property & expand into adjoining property acquired in 2017.
- – Increasing the Operating Budget over the next seven years allows us to be good stewards of the property God has given to Bellwether Community Church.